Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Quite a New Year


 I have started blogging again!!

*applause, applause, applause*

  I have two reasons for stopping (one is really good). The first is because we didn’t have internet from July until early November. So, yes, that is the good reason. Why didn’t I post anything in the meantime you ask? Hehe, well that’s because I’m a terribly habitual procrastinator and 24 hours for me isn’t enough time to come up with the gumption to sit down and write after being unable for so long. After a while, by the time I remembered it was Tuesday, it was Wednesday. Frankly this blog isn’t Wonderful Wednesday J

 However, I’ve had time to rethink Tweedia Tuesdays. I’m hoping to include a lot of different features from now on

 Anyway…I hope everyone had a good Forth of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year (just to cover all the bases). I know we did. Like most people, we tried out a few seasonal specials. My favorite was the Pumpkin Spice coffee creamer.

 

 I couldn’t get enough of that stuff. Seriously. It was probably really scary now that I think about it from an outsider looking in. You know, like that random mad woman that shows up in movies perhaps? Well, maybe not that bad J God blessed me greatly last year and continues to refine me in 2014. I’ll admit, it is a little nerve racking to think ahead a whole year.

 What could happen in that amount of time? What if it’s something bad? What will I be doing at this time next year? You know, the whole worry-thing. It’s a very silly thing to even think about, much less get in an all-out worry. But, I’ve come to terms with one very reassuring thing. I don’t have to worry!! So, you can go ahead and shoot off some confetti, trumpets and maybe even fireworks.

 Matthew 6:31-34 says: “Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.”

 I think that is probably the best verse to ring in the New year, don’t you?

 

2 comments:

  1. * claps * Yay! I was just wondering if you were ever going to blog again, and then I came and checked and you did!

    "But, I’ve come to terms with one very reassuring thing. I don’t have to worry!! So, you can go ahead and shoot off some confetti, trumpets and maybe even fireworks."

    I think that's my favorite part... both because I've been learning that too, and because the ending made me laugh. :)

    Looking forward to your next blog posts!

    ReplyDelete